Page 1 of 170 pages
(2718 pictures)
Picture relating to Avenel - titled 'Avenel'
Picture relating to Ipswich - titled 'Official guests assembled in Ipswich at the opening of the first railway line from Ipswich to Bigges Camp, 1865'
Picture relating to Ipswich - titled 'Early photograph of Ipswich Railway Station, ca. 1865'
Picture relating to Ipswich - titled 'Official opening of the first section of the Ipswich to Grandchester railway, Ipswich, 1865'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Ellenthorpe Steam Flour Mills in Warwick, ca. 1865'
Picture relating to Helidon - titled 'Railway construction site at Helidon, ca. 1865'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'Part of George Street, Brisbane, in 1865'
Picture relating to Bremer River - titled 'Sketch of the railway bridge over the Bremer River on the Ipswich line, ca. 1866'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'Warwick General Hospital, ca. 1866'
Picture relating to Warwick - titled 'St. Mark's Church of England under construction, Warwick, ca. 1868'
Picture relating to Brisbane - titled 'Wickham Terrace Presbyterian Church (1st), Brisbane, ca. 1869'
Picture relating to Queensland - titled 'Studio portrait of a woman in an elaborate, ruffled dress, 1870-1880'
Picture relating to Queensland - titled 'Portrait of an unidentified woman, 1870-1880'
Picture relating to Queensland - titled 'Entrance to old Cumbooqueepa, the residence of Thomas Blacket Stephens, South Brisbane, ca. 1872'
Picture relating to Stanthorpe - titled 'Samuel Hale of Stanthorpe, 1872'
Picture relating to Toowoomba - titled 'Two storey Railway Station building at Toowoomba, ca. 1872'

Browse by page:

- select a page range

      Sort the collection:

      Narrow the collection:

      - click on a year

      - click on a type of place

      Avenel

      contributed by greenfingers, taken in 1860
      (contact greenfingers about this picture | see more pictures from greenfingers - open in new window)

      Royal Mail Hotel built by J. Hilet approx 1852. Used as a coaching chance station for Express Coaches and other travellers to & from the North East Goldfields. Later owned by F. Ruffy who gave his name to the town "Ruffy" in the Strathbogie Ranges to the North. Later still it was purchased by Esau Shelton and was operated by the Shelton Family until it closed as a hotel in 1903. It has been maintained as a private residence and the site now includes the original railway single box from Mangalore.

      This picture is also part of the Bonzle Hotels (open in new window) photo collection.