Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Cleveland - titled 'Seaside residence in Shore Street, Cleveland, ca. 1871'

Seaside residence in Shore Street, Cleveland, ca. 1871

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1871
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Cleveland began as a pastoral area in the early 1840s, and for a time was under consideration to become the port of entry for the Moreton Bay district. The township of Cleveland was proclaimed on 13th December 1850, and had the first land sale in July 1851, when 80 allotments were offered at auction. Top price paid was 50 pounds.