Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Kilcoy - titled 'Motor vehicle and passengers outside the Memorial Hall, Kilcoy, ca. 1918'

Motor vehicle and passengers outside the Memorial Hall, Kilcoy, ca. 1918

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1918
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Kilcoy is in Queensland's Sunshine Coast hinterland. The town is north-west of Caboolture on the D’Aguilar Highway, just north of Lake Somerset and at the base of the Conondale Range. The area was first settled in 1841 by Scottish migrants who cleared land on the upper reaches of the Sandy and Kilcoy Creeks to run beef and dairy cattle. Timber felling and milling was also important in the early development of the town, which was established in the 1890s.

The motor vehicle belonged to Dr. Row and he is seated in the front passenger's seat. The driver is possibly Charlie Carseldine. (Description supplied with photograph). There are three gentlemen in the back seat and one is carrying a flag on a pole.

This picture is also part of the Bonzle Cattle (open in new window) photo collection.