Page 1 of 1 pages
(4 pictures)
Picture relating to Kilcoy - titled 'Cattle grazing at a waterhole, Kilcoy, 1939'
Picture relating to Kilcoy - titled 'Panoramic view of Kilcoy, 1939'
Picture relating to Kilcoy - titled 'Buildings in Mary Street, the business section of Kilcoy, 1939'
Picture relating to Kilcoy - titled 'Kilcoy District Hospital, 1939'

Cattle grazing at a waterhole, Kilcoy, 1939

contributed by QldPics, taken in 1939
(contact QldPics about this picture)


Kilcoy is north-west of Caboolture on the D’Aguilar Highway, just north of Lake Somerset and at the base of the Conondale Range. The area was first settled in 1841 by Scottish migrants who cleared land on the upper reaches of the Sandy and Kilcoy Creeks to run beef and dairy cattle. Timber felling and milling was also important in the early development of the town, which was established in the 1890s.