Page 1 of 1 pages
(12 pictures)
Picture relating to North Copperfield - titled 'North Copperfield'
Picture relating to Clermont - titled 'Clermont'
Picture relating to Ravenswood - titled 'Ravenswood'
Picture relating to Ravenswood - titled 'Ravenswood'
Picture relating to Charters Towers - titled 'Charters Towers'
Picture relating to Gunyah Gunyah - titled 'Gunyah Gunyah Hotel Site bush camp'
Picture relating to Gunyah Gunyah - titled 'Gunyah Gunyah Hotel Site bush camp'
Picture relating to Forrest - titled 'Forrest Caravan Park'
Picture relating to Bellbird Creek - titled 'Bellbird Creek Rest Area & Hotel'
Picture relating to Moonambel - titled 'Moonambel: Mountain Cr picnic/camp ground'
Picture relating to Jingellic - titled 'Jingellic: camp ground'
Picture relating to Trundle - titled 'Trundle'

North Copperfield

contributed by DerrickJessop, taken on 19 September 2003
(contact DerrickJessop about this picture | see more pictures from DerrickJessop - open in new window)

North Copperfield was established following the discovery of copper and gold in 1861. By 1873 there were 2,000 residents, 2 banks, 3 butchers, 3 blacksmiths, 6 hotels and 6 stores - of which this 'Winter & Lea' is the only remaining evidence of the town.