Page 1 of 1 pages
(1 pictures)
Picture relating to Blue Creek Mine - titled 'Blue Creek Mine Portal'

Sort the collection:

Narrow the collection:

Collection currently narrowed to the year 2012.
Click here to show pictures for all years

- click on a year

Collection currently narrowed to pictures of Mines.
Click here to show pictures for all places

- click on a type of place

Blue Creek Mine Portal

contributed by DennisF, taken on 29 December 2012
(contact DennisF about this picture | see more pictures from DennisF - open in new window)

Entrance to tunnel that possibly goes in 180 metres (600 ft) with rises, winzes, stoped areas and stope chutes inside. All work done by Mr Harold Cornelson and later with father William (Bill) Cornelson and even later with son Harold 1910 to 1952. This is at odds with NSW Mines Department records which indicate that William Cornelson started the mine in 1910 and Harold Cornelson became involved in the mine in 1946. William Cornelson died in about 1933. The mine closed in 1952 after death of Harold (Senior) when NSW Mines Department would not transfer Mining Lease to Harold (Junior) because it was in Kosciuszko National Park.

This picture is also part of the following Bonzle photo collections: