Namoi cotton expands
The Wathagar gin was built in 1987 to accommodate the growing demand of cotton growth in the Moree district. Namoi cotton had been expanding from the Wee Waa area through the eighties to Ashley, Moomin and Goondiwindi. By the mid eighties the need for a third Gin in the gywdir valley had arrived and the gin was officially opened on the 6th May, 1988.
We employ 5 permanent staff and approximately 28 casuals to process the local cotton crop each year. The ginning season runs from late March to late July each year processing on average 1000 bales per day.