- Naming of Mount Brophy : Mount Brophy was named by explorer R.T. Marice in 1902. Named after friend Inspector Brophy (WA Police pioneer) ... read story
- ken McCamey's story: In 1966 I met my second cousin Ken McCamey in Perth Australia. He explained to me that he was ... read story
- Bell Peak North Plane Crash 28January 1970: ... read story
- Coffee Break: Elbow Hill is about 13k from Cowell if you're travelling South or 28k past Arno Bay if you're going North.... read story
- The Climb : When I was a teenager a few of us climbed or hiked from West Wallsend to the summit of ... read story
- Mt Pfitzner: Mt Pfitzner was named after Carl Pfitzner born in Silesia (now Poland) in 1853 Pfitzner was with the the government surveyors ... read story
- Mt Jellore N.S.W: About 150 million years ago the whole of Eastern Australia was uplifted creating the steep escarpments of the Blue Mountains ... read story
- Visit to Clutterbuck Hils: My husband Jack and I flew into the Airstrip at Patjarr near the Clutterbuck Hills and spent three lovely days ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Mountains and Hills.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Naming of Mount Brophy (13 March 2015)
contributed by BarryHaskins
(contact BarryHaskins about this story)
Mount Brophy was named by explorer R.T. Marice in 1902.
Named after friend Inspector Brophy (WA Police pioneer) of the Kimberleys. (Details supplied via Lands Department of WA.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Mountain or Hill 'Mount Brophy'.