Page 3 of 65 pages
(516 stories)

Exploration at Pandanus Creek (13 November 2015)

contributed by BScriven
(contact BScriven about this story)

Pandanus Creek Mine Collecting dust samples for assaying at Pandanus Creek

Following the discovery of a radioactivity anomaly a campsite was established at Pandanus Creek in 1958/59 . After the bulldozing of many levels a series of percussion drill bore holes were drilled, dust samples collected for assaying and the bore holes logged by Geiger counter to a depth of approximately 100 feet. The photos show this preliminary stage prior to a decision being made as to the feasibility of mining uranium ore.

Bruce Scriven


Bureau of Mineral Resources and Geophysics

Is this story rude, offensive or defamatory; spam; or not about and/or of the place? If so, Report it