- Birds of New South Wales - #4 - Murray River Region: We have just returned from Howlong Golf Resort where we planned a couple of days of golf and an overdue ... read story
- Our Home: For a couple of years our home breed cattle (Hereford) built saw mill cutting cypress pine and hard wood grew ... read story
- Recived stock from Chatsworth Station Qld: 1958 moved 1200 cows in calf (Zebu) from Chatsworth Station Boulia to Kynuna then onto Millungera Station via Julia ... read story
- Stock on the move: 1958 moved 1200 cows in calf (Zebu) to Kynuna then onto Millungera Station via Julia Creek Qld see book "... read story
- Paid for seven jobs: Mr. Lloyd hire me to do seven jobs in a week that went for a month or more 1 ... read story
- Closer to Town of Blackall: 1968 wife took ill at Blair Gowrie doctor wanted her closer to Blackall Sumnervale was own by the Howe family ... read story
- Just 17: 1957 found my self in Kynuna got a job working for John Markwell his parents own a sheep station called ... read story
- Malvern Hills "Blair Gowrie out Back": 1995 Just 25 wife Janice Hall (Greer) age 20 with our first child six months old work on Malvern Hills ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
Birds of New South Wales - #4 - Murray River Region
contributed by cougar15
(contact cougar15 about this story | see more stories from cougar15)
We have just returned from Howlong Golf Resort where we planned a couple of days of golf and an overdue catch-up with some former work colleagues and their wives.
Whilst we were able to get one round of golf in on our first full day, the next morning saw persistent rainfall. Golf was cancelled and we all headed home.
However, prior to golf on Day 1, I took my camera out for a quick walk around the resort’s clubhouse where I came across a Darter drying its wings in the patchy morning sunshine.
During golf, we saw several hundred Galahs feeding on cockchafer grubs beneath sections of couch fairway.
Other species encountered along the way were – Australian Wood Duck, Pacific Black Duck, Australian Raven, Pied Currawong, White-faced Heron, Australian Magpie (race: tibicen), Magpie-lark, Sulphur-crested Cockatoo, Crested Pigeon, Common Bronzewing, Superb Fairy-wren, House Sparrow and Common Blackbird.
Our motel-style accommodation at the resort was more than adequate and meals in the clubhouse were wholesome and better than average.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the State or Territory 'New South Wales'.
- add a story about New South Wales: click here to add a story about New South Wales
- info about New South Wales: click here for the Bonzle entry on New South Wales (open in new window)
- map of New South Wales: click here for the Bonzle map of New South Wales (open in new window)
- pictures of New South Wales: click here for pictures of New South Wales (open in new window)