Page 1 of 58 pages
(457 stories)

Also known as:-

contributed by Ahriman
(contact Ahriman about this story)

The claim on mineral deposits changed hands repeatedly over the years. With company change comes the name change. In 1850 copper ore was first discovered and a 9 meter shaft was sunk and entitled Wheal Maria, this was soon abandoned. In 1862 new leases were acquired and the mine renamed Wheal Mary Anne, with little ore produced all was again abandoned in 1865. In 1868 ore left from the previous operations was recognized to contain silver and new leases were obtained, with a subsequent name change to Almanda Silver Mine.

Is this story rude, offensive or defamatory; spam; or not about and/or of the place? If so, Report it