- Branxholm: This historic friendly town has a supermarket. The history of the town was built from its once thriving early ... read story
- Recent Thalanga history: Mining ceased early in 2012 due to financial problems the mining company was having. The new Vomaka open ... read story
- Wantata Waterhole: Wantata Waterhole has been suggested as the place Ludwig Leichhardt and his party were killed on his 1848 expedition to ... read story
- Dooley Downs Homestead: We were camping at the Mt Augustus Homestead site, my name is Dooley, and though there is no ... read story
- Diggers Creek Prospect: There are 2 Mine Shafts near Diggers Creek that were sunk back in the early 1900,s and Tin Slushing ... read story
- fishing the upper west branch of the tarwin river: I have walked miles an fished the upper tarwin since i was a kid im the third generation to fish ... read story
- Birds of Phillip Island - #5 - Southern Coastline: My reference to the Southern Coastline covers that stretch of foreshore which faces Bass Strait from Sunderland Bay to Forest ... read story
- Birds of Phillip Island - #4 - Fisher's Wetland and Churchill Island: After crossing onto Phillip Island from San Remo, and having collected your map from the Tourist Information Centre, ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
When I Lived In Duchess (5 April 2012)
contributed by ExDuchessLady
(contact ExDuchessLady about this story)
Well, I just found this site - while I was looking on Google for stuff about 'Duchess'.
This is due to the fact, that I lived in Duchess for the first 10yrs of my life.
I thought I would place this on this site - if anyone else out there, would like to contact me - about my time in Duchess & swap stories.
Looking forward to any replies.
Thanks for reading my note.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Duchess'.
- add a story about Duchess: click here to add a story about Duchess
- info about Duchess: click here for the Bonzle entry on Duchess (open in new window)
- map of Duchess: click here for the Bonzle map of Duchess (open in new window)
- pictures of Duchess: click here for pictures of Duchess (open in new window)