- Highway Reward Mine History: The original Highway Goldmine was discovered in 1953 when a sample of barite was identified from the outcrop. Subsequent ... read story
- Oxley Creek Coal Mine: This is definitely an old coal mine, the only one ever worked in the now famous Galilee Basin. ... read story
- Savernake Station 1862. Listed by NSW Heritage Council. National Trust award 2014.: Alex & Ann Sloane continue their forebears' early pastoral run. The continual family ownership results in extraordinary collection ... read story
- Highway-Reward Mine History: The original Highway Goldmine was discovered in 1953 when a sample of barite was identified from the outcrop. Subsequent ... read story
- Mining History: The Thalanga Mine was discovered by Pennaroya Aust Pty Ltd in 1975. THe Central open pit was commenced ... read story
- Mining History: The original Highway Goldmine was discovered in 1953 when a sample of barite was identified from the outcrop. Subsequent ... read story
- Collingwood Mine/Exploration History: Tin mining was reported in the Collingwood area, 35 kms south of Cooktown, as far back as the ... read story
- Wolfram Hill Mine, Berridale, NSW: I inspected and mapped the mine area in the early 1970s. The hill consists of slightly greisenised granite with ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
When I Lived In Duchess (5 April 2012)
contributed by ExDuchessLady
(contact ExDuchessLady about this story)
Well, I just found this site - while I was looking on Google for stuff about 'Duchess'.
This is due to the fact, that I lived in Duchess for the first 10yrs of my life.
I thought I would place this on this site - if anyone else out there, would like to contact me - about my time in Duchess & swap stories.
Looking forward to any replies.
Thanks for reading my note.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Duchess'.
- add a story about Duchess: click here to add a story about Duchess
- info about Duchess: click here for the Bonzle entry on Duchess (open in new window)
- map of Duchess: click here for the Bonzle map of Duchess (open in new window)
- pictures of Duchess: click here for pictures of Duchess (open in new window)