- Back in 1940 to 1955: We used to travel through Mingary from Broken Hill to Peterborough on the Adelaide Express (a steam train) once a ... read story
- SPALFORD UNCOVERED: Simply a locality. Very quiet and pretty with Buttons creek running through the area. Agriculturally active and at ... read story
- kenny thornton stockman: my father Kenny worked on oorindi sheep station back in 1955 i have not met and he does not ... read story
- Meentheena Outcamp: This Outcamp was acquired as a lease from the Government of W.A. in 2010. It is now a ... read story
- Reid Township: My parents Lieselotte and Horst Kaletsch immigrated from Berlin, Germany in 1950/51. They were sent to the Nullabor ... read story
- Pound Keeper, Hookina, Sth Aust.: It is listed in the S.A. Archives Yearbook 1872, that my Greatx3 Grandfather, George Kite, ... read story
- Early Settlers Tarban Creek: I'm wondering if there is an Hawkesbury historian out there who may give me some information. I am ... read story
- Early Settlers - Tarban creek area: I'm trying every possible source in trying to find factual evidence of my ancestors who married in Villa Maria chapel ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Localities.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
When I Lived In Duchess (5 April 2012)
contributed by ExDuchessLady
(contact ExDuchessLady about this story)
Well, I just found this site - while I was looking on Google for stuff about 'Duchess'.
This is due to the fact, that I lived in Duchess for the first 10yrs of my life.
I thought I would place this on this site - if anyone else out there, would like to contact me - about my time in Duchess & swap stories.
Looking forward to any replies.
Thanks for reading my note.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Duchess'.
- add a story about Duchess: click here to add a story about Duchess
- info about Duchess: click here for the Bonzle entry on Duchess (open in new window)
- map of Duchess: click here for the Bonzle map of Duchess (open in new window)
- pictures of Duchess: click here for pictures of Duchess (open in new window)