- How Anne Range got its name: I'm sure that Anne Range has a much older Indigenous name that is perhaps better known to local people. However,... read story
- How Searle Hills got its name: I'm sure that Searle Hills has a much older Indigenous name that is perhaps better known to local people.... read story
- Dawson Memories: † In the latter part on the 1950sí Jean who was my Mothers niece, would invite her closest relations to ... read story
- Booie Born: My mother is Myrtle Sophia Wittmann was born in the town of Booie in 1910 her father George Wittmann built ... read story
- Ben Lomond Hill: Ben Lomond Hill on the New England Highway is 1410 metres high. Should it be in the highest passes ... read story
- Back in 1940 to 1955: We used to travel through Mingary from Broken Hill to Peterborough on the Adelaide Express (a steam train) once a ... read story
- SPALFORD UNCOVERED: Simply a locality. Very quiet and pretty with Buttons creek running through the area. Agriculturally active and at ... read story
- kenny thornton stockman: my father Kenny worked on oorindi sheep station back in 1955 i have not met and he does not ... read story
Narrow the stories:
- click on a year
Stories currently narrowed to those about Localities.
Click here to show stories about all places
- click on a type of place
- City, Town or Village
- Forestry Reserve
- Lake or Dam
- Mountain or Hill
- Nature Conservation Reserve
- State or Territory
- River or Creek
- Reef or Fishing Spot
- Fish Attracting Device
- Suburb/Regional Area
- Weather Station
When I Lived In Duchess (5 April 2012)
contributed by ExDuchessLady
(contact ExDuchessLady about this story)
Well, I just found this site - while I was looking on Google for stuff about 'Duchess'.
This is due to the fact, that I lived in Duchess for the first 10yrs of my life.
I thought I would place this on this site - if anyone else out there, would like to contact me - about my time in Duchess & swap stories.
Looking forward to any replies.
Thanks for reading my note.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Duchess'.
- add a story about Duchess: click here to add a story about Duchess
- info about Duchess: click here for the Bonzle entry on Duchess (open in new window)
- map of Duchess: click here for the Bonzle map of Duchess (open in new window)
- pictures of Duchess: click here for pictures of Duchess (open in new window)