- Plum Pudding Rocks: This location is named on many 4WDrive maps in the area East of Mt Skene. The Rocks are located ... read story
- Walking the Wilmot River: Walking the Wilmot River. The Wilmot Heritage Trails Project 2002- 2012 The walking tracks along the Wilmot River from Alma ... read story
- The rise of the Phoenix.: Once upon a time a long, long time ago in a village far, far away on the fringe ... read story
- Australian-American Development Company: Australian-American was founded in the early 1960's by Ward Beman and Benjamin Dawson who acquired a portion of the old ... read story
- Toowoomba -Capital of the Darling Downs: Toowoomba has four hospitals - one state run the others privately run. It also has a magnificent theatre of world ... read story
- Newmarket Station: My father worked at Newmarket Station in 1948. There was a scheme in Sydney (where he lived) ... read story
- Torquay Station history: The main block of Torquay Station was a resumption off Charlotte Plains with the Additional Area being a resumption from ... read story
- United Uranium No Liability (UUNL): I worked at Moline for the above named company allthough it was re christened "United Liability No Uranium" ... read story
Narrow the stories:
Stories currently narrowed to the year 2012.
Click here to show stories for all years
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
Plum Pudding Rocks (3 December 2012)
contributed by Ziggy47
(contact Ziggy47 about this story)
This location is named on many 4WDrive maps in the area East of Mt Skene. The Rocks are located on the most western end of Middle Ridge, and the whole section of rocks is about 800m long. The Rocks can be viewed as the eroded spine of this crest.
The conglomerate rocks form many boulders within thick vegetation. The person who named this high point must have been very hungry, as our little group could not make out the similarity to Plum Pudding.
The easiest way to visit is by travelling from the Jamieson Licola Rd, along Barkly River Rd and then taking the Middle Ridge Rd. Very easy 4WDriving.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Locality 'Plum Pudding Rocks'.
- add a story about Plum Pudding Rocks: click here to add a story about Plum Pudding Rocks
- info about Plum Pudding Rocks: click here for the Bonzle entry on Plum Pudding Rocks (open in new window)
- map of Plum Pudding Rocks: click here for the Bonzle map of Plum Pudding Rocks (open in new window)
- pictures of Plum Pudding Rocks: click here for pictures of Plum Pudding Rocks (open in new window)