- Wickliffe Featured In Musical: In 2012, students from St Peter's Primary School in East Bentleigh, a suburb of Melbourne, toured to ... read story
- Plum Pudding Rocks: This location is named on many 4WDrive maps in the area East of Mt Skene. The Rocks are located ... read story
- Walking the Wilmot River: Walking the Wilmot River. The Wilmot Heritage Trails Project 2002- 2012 The walking tracks along the Wilmot River from Alma ... read story
- The rise of the Phoenix.: Once upon a time a long, long time ago in a village far, far away on the fringe ... read story
- Australian-American Development Company: Australian-American was founded in the early 1960's by Ward Beman and Benjamin Dawson who acquired a portion of the old ... read story
- Toowoomba -Capital of the Darling Downs: Toowoomba has four hospitals - one state run the others privately run. It also has a magnificent theatre of world ... read story
- Newmarket Station: My father worked at Newmarket Station in 1948. There was a scheme in Sydney (where he lived) ... read story
- Torquay Station history: The main block of Torquay Station was a resumption off Charlotte Plains with the Additional Area being a resumption from ... read story
Narrow the stories:
Stories currently narrowed to the year 2012.
Click here to show stories for all years
- click on a year
- click on a type of place
Wickliffe Featured In Musical (8 November 2012)
contributed by DrewLane
(contact DrewLane about this story)
In 2012, students from St Peter's Primary School in East Bentleigh, a suburb of Melbourne, toured to Lake Bolac to perform a new musical about Wickliffe. The musical was called "Somewhere To Fight For" and was written by Drew Lane, an award-winning theatrical composer.
"Somewhere To Fight For" featured songs about Wickliffe, and told the story of a young woman who wanted to bring her hometown of Wickliffe back to life but building a tourist attraction - a castle built of hay.
The story drew heavily on the history of the town and the area, as well as its location.
In 2013, the musical was given an Australia Day award for "Best Event" in the Ararat Region. The full cast recording was made and is available on iTunes. A novelisation of the story is also presently being written and be released early 2014.
This story was uploaded into the Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia entry for the Suburb/Regional Area 'Wickliffe'.
- add a story about Wickliffe: click here to add a story about Wickliffe
- info about Wickliffe: click here for the Bonzle entry on Wickliffe (open in new window)
- map of Wickliffe: click here for the Bonzle map of Wickliffe (open in new window)
- pictures of Wickliffe: click here for pictures of Wickliffe (open in new window)